Vinnie's Freshly Shucked Rock Oysters with Soy and Wasabi Dressing
- freshly shucked rock oysters
- crushed ice to serve oysters on
- soy & sesame dressing
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste - the NZ home grown stuff is best
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 160 ml extra virgin NZ olive oil
Place sesame oil, soy, wasabi and water in a bowl.
Whisk in the olive oil continuously till well combined.
Spread the ice onto a large platter and sprinkle fine salt over the ice - this is to help the ice from melting too quickly.
Arrange the oysters on top, spoon the dressing over the oysters then garnish the platter with fresh picked herbs and lemon wedges.