Tunisian Pricassee Tuna Sandwich
- 1 kg high-grade flour
- 2 tsp dry yeast or 30 g fresh yeast
- 3 T sugar
- 1 T flaky salt
- 1 egg
- 3 t canola oil
- about 550 ml water
- 1 T brandy or arak
Mix the dough well in the mixer.
Cut and shape buns.
Put on pieces of baking paper.
Let rise again.
Slip into hot oil (170C) and fry like doughnuts.
- Good-quality tuna in olive oil
- Cooked potato roughly mashed 1/2 medium potato per person
- 1 hard-boiled egg chopped per person
- Chopped tomato, cucumber, spring onion and flat parsley
- Chopped olives (try and get good olives)
- Chopped preserved lemon
- pumpkin tishi paste
- Roast 1/2 pumpkin
- Finely grated 2 cloves of garlic
- Ground cumin
- 1 tsp of Harissa
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Red capsicum paste
- 5 red capsicums
- 2 skinned and deseeded tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 deseeded red chilli
Put everything in a blender or bullet then cook with olive oil on low heat while stirring for 20 -30 minutes
When your buns are cool enough to handle, smear one side with pumpkin Tirshi and the other side with red capsicum sauce.
Mix the other ingredients to your taste and enjoy.