- 8 free-range eggs
- 8 tsp store-bought truffle salsa
- 200g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 120g finely chopped chives
- white pepper
- olive oil and butter, to fry
- 240g Tallegio, cut into squares
- 30g fresh truffle, thinly sliced
- baby purple and green basil leaves, to garnish
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the eggs, salsa, Parmigiano, chives and pepper together well.
Heat a large cast-iron fry pan over a medium heat, then add olive oil and butter to cover. When bubbling, pour off the excess oil and butter but leave a coating on the pan.
Tip the egg mix into the pan, then turn the heat down to low. Place the Tallegio on top.
Take off the heat when not quite set and scatter over the fresh truffle then the baby basil leaves.
Wine match: Pegasus Bay Chardonnay or Virtuoso Chardonnay