Tropical Fruit Salad with Lime Syllabub
Tropical Fruit Salad
- ½ pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ honeydew melon, skinned, seeds out, cut into chunks
- 1 paw paw, skinned, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tin lychees, drained
- 250 mls ginger beer
- 200 mls sparkling lemon mineral water
- 50 mls ginger syrup *see note
Combine all the ingredients and allow to sit.
Divide into 6 large glasses, and spoon over syllabub.
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup dessert wine or Sauternes
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 3 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1 lime leaf, chopped finely
- 1 eggwhite, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 ½ cups cream
Zest and juice the limes, add the sweet wine, brandy, sugar and lime leaf and refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
Place the liquid and the cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and whip until quite firm, then fold in the whipped eggwhite.
John Hawkesby’s Wine Suggestions
Allan Scott Autumn 2005
Canterbury House Noble 2004
Lawsons Dry Hills Late Harvest 2005