"The Pot" - Pork & Pūha with steamed vegetables
- 2 kilos pork bones
- big bunch of pūha or watercress, rinsed well, flowers removed
- 2 carrots, sliced in chunks
- 2 kumara, sliced in chunks
- 4 small or gourmet potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt for the pot
- 1 tspn of salt for the vegetables
Put the pork bones in a large pot and drown them with cold water.
Add the salt and bring to the boil, pot lid off then simmer gently for an hour or so until the meat is almost falling off the bone.
Add the pūha to the pot and cook for 15 minutes with a pot lid on.
In another pot steam or gently boil the vegetables with a teaspoon of salt until soft.
Plate up and finish off with pouring a little of the stock water over the dish and enjoy!