Serves: makes 500mls
- 350 g black olives (250g after pitting)
- 50g anchovies
- 100g canned Albacore tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 50g pickles or salted capers, drained
- 60 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cognac
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the olives. Anchovies, tuna, garlic, oregano, capers, salt and pepper in a food processor. Work to a paste then drizzle the oil through the feed tube in pulsing bursts. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Drizzle in half the cognac and puree again.
Place in a serving bowl and serve with crusty bread or mix through pasta.