Spicy Crab Larb Gai
- 2-3 limes, juice and zest
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1-2 red chillis, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 cups crab meat
- 2 spring onions (scallions) shredded
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup grated cucumber, squeezed free of its juices
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tbsp crisp fried shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 12 cups of cos (romaine) lettuce, washed
Mix the lime, sugar, chilli, oil and mirin together and leave aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Place the crab, spring onions, red onions, cucumber and coriander into a large bowl and toss gently together with the dressing.
Arrange the salad into the cos cups and sprinkle with peanut and shallots just before serving or place the salad on a service bowl sprinkled with the shallots and peanuts and the cos cups on a side dish allowing your diners to arrange them themselves… more fun!