Raw Chop Chop Salad with Avocado, Broccoli and Almonds
This salad is all about the dressing. We love avocado; anything smothered in this creamy herby avocado dressing is going to make your taste buds sing.
- 1/4 cup (10g) fresh basil or fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (10g) fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado, skin and stone removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (60ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
Chop Chop Salad
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/4 (300g) green cabbage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 capsicum, stem removed, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup (20g) fresh coriander, stem and leaves finely chopped
- 1//2 cup (20g) fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 200g green beans, topped and tailed, finely chopped
- 1 & 1/2 ripe avocados, peeled and stone removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (30g) natural almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
To prepare the dressing: place all the ingredients into a bowl. Using a stick blender, blend until the dressing is smooth and green.
To serve: place all the vegetables into a large serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss the vegetables to coat them well. Sprinkle over the almonds and serve.