- 1 box of new potatoes scrubbed of their skins, boiled in salty water and hot
- 4 tbsp capers roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of olives, chopped
- 1 red onion finely minced
- 2 green onion finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme finely minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp grain mustard
- Handful of fresh mint,roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
Blend dressing ingredients briefly. Don't render it into a homogenized green slime, confine and slightly emulsify. I use a power-wand, but a blender is just fine.
Cut the HOT potatoes into biggish bits. You choose your size!
Mix all together the potatoes and dressing.
There may be more dressing than you would like, but it'll keep just fine and makes a very nice dressing for any kind of salad.
Other things that you might choose to throw in:-
a crisply fried garlic and chilli mix
Crumbled crisp bacon
Some hot sliced poached sausage of the rookwurst type.
Chunks of hot smoked mackerel.