Porcini and Spinach Sauce
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g porcini, cleaned and cut into rough 2 inch segments
- 4 large cloves of garlic – thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter – cut into pieces
- 300g baby spinach
- 8 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over a medium-high heat until the oil is almost smoking. Add the mushrooms, cut side down.
Season the mushrooms with salt and sauté without turning them.
Reduce the heat to low, add the garlic and thyme, season the garlic with salt and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring occasionally so the garlic doesn’t brown.
Add the butter and 3 tbsp of water to the pan.
Increase the heat to medium to melt the butter and bring the liquid to a simmer stirring constantly with a spatula to emulsify the sauce.
Add the spinach in handfuls and gently fold it in with the mushrooms until it barely wilts.