Peach and plum chutney
Makes about 3 litres
- 1 kg yellow peaches
- 1 kg omega plums
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 fresh chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup of dates, halved and stoned
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of white vinegar
Pour boiling water over the fruit and let stand for several minutes then peel off the skin. Cut the fruit into small pieces and discard the stones.
Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook very gently stirring often, for about 30 – 45 minutes, until the chutney is thick.
Pour into hot, clean jars and seal.