Pasta al Limone
- 500 gms dried Italian pasta
- juice of 3-4 fresh lemons
- 150 ml quality extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of dried chilli flakes
- 75 gms freshly grated parmigiano reggiano or grana padano cheese
- 1 lge handful fresh basil, chopped
Cook the pasta in plenty of salted boiling water till it is al dente.
While the pasta is cooking whisk the lemon juice, olive oil and chilli flakes together and stir in the cheese.
Drain the pasta and combine with the dressing. Mix the basil through and serve immediately with extra cheese to grate at the table if desired.