Oven-to-grill baby back ribs
- 2 ½ pound rack pork loin back ribs (or 1 kilo)
- ¼ cup Lillie's Q Gold
- 1 cup of your favourite BBQ rub (or use recipe below)
- ½ cup Lillie's Q Smoky or your favourite Lillie's Q sauce
- 90g dark brown sugar
- 25g smoked paprika
- 20g salt
- 15g black pepper
- 15g chilli powder
- 15g garlic powder
- 10g onion powder
- 2g cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. With a pastry brush, spread Lillie's Q Gold all over both sides of the ribs.
Generously sprinkle your favourite BBQ rub all over both sides of the ribs.
2. Place ribs in the middle of a double thickness of heavy foil cut 6 inches longer than the ribs.
Wrap ribs in the foil. Bake for 1½ to 2 hours or until tender (the two middle bones of the rack should start to pull apart easily).
3. Remove ribs to a tray (discard liquid in foil packet). Spread Lillie's Q Smoky or your favourite BBQ or Lillie's Q sauce all over both sides of the ribs.
Grill on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 15 minutes, brushing with additional sauce every 5 minutes, turning once.
Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning.