Nectarine & Smoked Fish Salad
Serves 4 as a summer lunch salad
This is deliciously fresh and light to eat, perfect for a summery lunch, but see the recipe notes at the end for ideas on how to ring the changes.
- 4 small just-ripe nectarines
- Small buttercrunch lettuce, broken apart into leaves, washed and dried
- 170-250g smoked fish, skinned and flaked
- Edible flowers, optional
- 3 Tbsp lemon-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp creamy Dijonnaise mustard
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp snipped chives
- 1 Tbsp chopped tarragon, optional
1 Slice nectarines by cutting wedges into the stones with a small serrated knife.
Arrange lettuce leaves on four plates and layer up nectarines and smoked fish. Garnish with edible flowers if using.
2 Whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl, then whisk in chives and tarragon. Spoon over plates of salad and serve.
Here's how to change it up:
Add sliced or diced avocado.
Add shelled, pan-fried prawns.
Use white peaches (2 will be enough), in place of nectarines.
Replace tarragon with basil
Top with toasted flaked almonds
Drape with crispy-fried rashers of streaky bacon.
Add curls of prosciutto to plate.