Marinated Scallops and Blue Cod
- 12 fresh scallops, shucked
- 4 good sized fresh cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ hot chilli
- 4 spring onion bottoms, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoons sesame seed, toasted
- ½ teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon grass, finely grated
- 2-3 limes, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- sea salt
Slice the scallops and cod as thinly as possible. Arrange the slices flat onto two different trays.
Add all the ingredients of the marinade together in a mixing bowl and stir together for a few minutes. Add more or less of any one or more ingredients depending on your own personal tastes. Allow the marinade to infuse for ½ an hour or so before spooning over the scallops and cod. Make sure all the fish is covered well.
Place the two trays loosely cover with plastic wrap into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving. You can place the fish on one tray but keep them separate so that you can enjoy the different flavours.