Servings: 4 - 6
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- 1 packet of Gyoza wrappers
- 400 g lean pork/chicken mince
- 1 bunch of flat chive, finely chopped
- 1/4 cabbage, finely chopped and put salt over to
- take moisture out
- 4 dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in water and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
Dipping Sauce (per serve):
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- La-yu (chili oil) - optional
1. In a medium bowl combine mince, flat chive, cabbage, shiitake mushroom, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt and mix well.
2. Place a Gyoza wrapper on one hand and put a teaspoonful of the mix in the center of the wrapper.
3. Brush top half of the edge with cold water
4. Make a semicircle, pleat the front side of the wrapper and seal the top.
5. Place a large frying pan over a high heat, add sesame oil and place gyoza dumplings.
6. Add 3/4 cup water, cover with lit and cook on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes or until dumplings are cooked.
7. Serve with dipping sauce