Japanese Curry and Rice
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 400g beef / chicken / pork, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 4-6 cubes
- 1 carrot, obliquely cut
- 100g Japanese curry sauce mix
- 600-800 ml water
- 4 cups of steamed rice
1. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and add the sliced onion and cook until brown. Put the onion on the side plate.
2. Use the same frying pan and cook chicken / beef / pork.
3. Add carrots and potatoes and fry for couple of minutes.
4. Add all ingredients into a pot, add water and onion and bring to a boil.
5. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetable are softened.
6. Add curry roux and simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Serve over the steamed rice.