Greenlip Mussels with Garlic and Leek Fondue
- 2 small leeks thinly sliced
- 2 Marlborough shallots slithered
- 100 mls fish stock
- 100 mls double cream or 'light' sour cream
- 100 mls Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cloves Marlborough garlic crushed
- Rind and Juice of one lemon
Sweat shallot, garlic and leeks for six minutes till without colour, add white wine and fish stock, juice and lemon and reduce to 6T, add cream and reduce by half. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. Select 24 half shell mussels or steam open whole mussels, placing a tsp of leek fondue under each mussel in the cleaned shell. Bake in the oven until hot and season with ground black pepper and squeeze fresh lemon over the top.
Alternatively arrange mussels on a large platter and place hot leek fondue into a small bowl and place in the middle so that people can "dip" the mussels into the fondue.