Green Beans with Shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoons creamy Dijonnaise mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g green beans, trimmed and halved
1. Put oil in a small saucepan with shallots and garlic, cover with a lid and cook gently until softened. Turn off the heat and add mustard and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
2. Cook beans in gently boiling, salted water until crunchy-tender, or done to your liking. Drain beans, refresh with a cup or two of cold water and transfer them to a bowl. Add the mustard dressing and toss until the beans are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Beans contain fibre along with Vitamins A and C and some of the B group, giving them a good antixoidant rating.