Fruity Moroccan Couscous
Makes 5 x one-cup serves
- 1 cup Moroccan (fine) couscous
- 0.25 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 0.5 cup dried cranberries
- 0.5 cup dried dates, sliced
- 0.5 cup dried apricots, sliced
- boiling water to cover
- 0.25 cup almonds, sliced
- 0.5 cup spring onions (scallions), sliced (around 2 spring onions)
Mix the couscous with the turmeric and salt in a bowl.
Pour over the boiling water and oil, stir briefly and immediately cover.
Wait 5 minutes and stir the couscous so it is nice and fluffy and does not contain any lumps.
Put the dried fruit in another bowl and pour over boiling water so it is covered. Let it sit for around 5 minutes to plumpen. Drain.
Combine all ingredients together (reserve some spring onions for garnish).
- You can substitute raisins for cranberries
- If you like your couscous a little sweeter, add half a cup of orange juice