Frittata with Potatoes, Greens and Ham
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked
- 2 beetroot, cooked
- 8 to 10 large leaves Malabar spinach (or substitute with other leaf greens like chard)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ‘Bishop’s Crown’ chillies (or other mild chillies), seeds and ribs removed, and flesh finely chopped
- 1 cup shaved ham
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
Cut potatoes and beetroot into large chunks. Wash and dry greens, cut leaves crosswise into strips.
In a large frying pan, sauté the onion in oil, add the chopped chillies and soften. Place the potato and beetroot wedges evenly on the base of the same pan, add ham and the greens mixture, marjoram and salt in the gaps.
Beat eggs and pepper and pour over vegetables and ham in the frypan. On a low heat cook the frittata until egg is soft but not runny.
Sprinkle Parmesan over the top. Place pan under oven grill to brown and firm up for about 10 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Once served add a handful of microgreens to the top of the wedge and a splash of olive oil and lemon juice.