Fresh Cherry and Pomegranate Dressing
- Food and wine
- Yuletide festive ideas with Catherine Bell from Dish magazine and John Hawkesby our roving wine expert. (duration: 14′39″)
- Download: Ogg Vorbis MP3
- 3 tablespoons sour cherry syrup
- juice of 2 limes plus zest of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 300 grams cherries, pitted
- 1 ripe pomegranate
Whisk the sour cherry syrup, lime juice, zest, chilli, garlic and oil in a bowl. Season and stir in the cherries.
Cut the pomegranate in half through the equator and scoop out the seeds over a sieve, making sure you pick out all the membrane. Add the juice and seeds to the cherry dressing.
John Hawkesby’s wine suggestion
Kumeu River Village 2007