Figs with Ricotta
- 15 fresh figs
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese.
- ¼ cup of honey.
- 2 tablespoons of ground almonds.
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind.
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange rind.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, or quarter of a fresh vanilla pod
- chopped toasted pistachios.
Remove stems from the figs.
Cut each fig almost in half and open up ready to stuff.
In a food proces sor, mix together the ricotta, honey, ground almonds, lemon rind, orange rind and vanilla.
Process to blend all the ingredients together.
Stuff each fig with the ricotta mixture.
Garnish with the toasted nuts.