Fava (Broad) Bean Salad with Mint
- 750 grams shelled young fava (broad) beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small head of lettuce, finely shredded
- handful mint leaves, finely shredded
- 250 grams thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
Add the broad beans and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes if fresh or 3-4 minutes if frozen. Drain and refresh under cold water. If the skins around the beans are tough, remove them.
Transfer the beans to a large salad bowl. Add the prosciutto, the lettuce and the mint.Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Season to taste.
Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently until the lettuce is evenly coated.
Place in a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.