Daigaku - University Sweet Potato
This sweet treat reminds me of university and days spent studying without much money!,
The solution? This University Sweet Potato: cheap and simple, but a delicious dessert!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 kumara (300g each)
- 90g coffee sugar crystal
- 4 Tbsp water
- canola oil for deep fry
2 tsp black and/or brown sesame seed, toasted
1. Cut kumara into chunks (leave the skin on) slightly bigger than bite size and soak in water for a couple of minutes
2. Drain the water and use kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture.
3. Heat oil in a small pot and deep fry the kumara for couple of minutes or until cooked though. Place the kumara in a stainless steel bowl and set aside.
4. In a small pot, add sugar and water and bring to boil, caramelize and remove from the heat.
5.Drizzle the caramel on top of the kumara while the caramel is still hot and toss to make sure caramel coats the kumara.
6. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top and serve on a plate, or even on top of deep fried filo pastry!