Once prepared, allow the coleslaw to sit, covered, for 15-20 minutes to allow the flavours to mingle and the cabbage to soften ever such a little.
- 1 small swede, peeled thickly
- 1 carrot, peeled
- ¼ small cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced or sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- ¾ cup your favourite mayonnaise
- ½ - 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, optional
Coarsely grate the swede and carrot.
In a large bowl toss together the swede, carrot, cabbage, red pepper, spring onion, chillies and cumin seeds.
For the dressing stir together the mayonnaise, cumin and dried dill if using. Toss through the salad ingredients and season with salt and pepper if wished.