Corn, Potato and Almond Fritters
These are great served with chutney, with a salad, or with some roasted veges.
- 10 small potatoes cooked, cooled and grated (leftovers are ideal)
- 1-2 corn cobs blanched and removed from the cob (or a small can, well drained)
- 3 tbl raisins
- 3 tbl chopped roasted almonds
- 1/5 tsp guar gum
- toasted spices to your taste - I add, cumin and coriander seeds, salt and black pepper - or if you're in a hurry dukkah works a treat!
- fresh herbs, again to your taste.
- ground almond and cornflour in equal ratio - quantity will vary depending upon the potatoes used
Dry the corn well, if it's too wet it will cause the fritter to explode. Remember, there's no egg to assist with binding.
Add all ingredients in together, add enough corn flour and ground almond to create a play-doh texture.
Shape into tight, round patties, then pan fry in oil, I use sunflower oil. Make sure you taste, and adjust seasoning accordingly.