Chilli Prawn Tablets
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 200 g raw prawns, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2-3 red chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 22-3 tsp cornflour, loosened with a little cold water
- 6 leaves of gelatine
- 2 cups corn flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups mix of desiccated coconut and dried bread crumbs
- canola oil for deep frying
In a large sauté pan, sauté the prawns, chili, onions and spring onions in a little oil until the vegetables become 'glassy' and slightly transparent.
Add the coconut cream and simmer until the it begins to thicken slightly.
Blend the hot mixture into a smooth 'soup'.
Adjust the seasoning with salt and white pepper then pass through a sieve.
Soften the gelatine in cold water until soft the 'ring' out the excess water before placing it into the soup.
Set the soup overnight in a high sided tray.
Cut into bite size 'tablets' and crumb in the corn flour, egg and crumb mix, then through the egg and crumbs a second time.
Deep fry the 'tablets' to golden brown and serve.