- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp fenugreek dry leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic - chopped into a paste
- ½ tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup yoghurt drain excess water
- ¼ tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tbsp cardamom powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- salt as per taste
- ½ onion cut into 1" cubes
- ½ red pepper cut into 1" cubes
- ½ green pepper cut into 1" cubes
- coriander for garnish
1. Wash chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut into one-inch pieces. For the best results, make sure the chicken is fully dry.
Take all of the above-mentioned ingredients (except chicken) in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add chicken pieces and make sure to coat marinade all sides. Transfer all contents to zip lock bag and refrigerate for 3-4 hours (preferably overnight). So that chicken absorbs all flavour.
3. Skewer chicken pieces and alternate with veggies, grill on charcoal until it's done. You can also use the oven (200 degrees C for 20-25 min or until its fully cooked. If you use an oven, make sure to turn skewers upside down halfway through cooking.
4. Enjoy chicken tikka with the rice, salad and chutney.