Cheat's Mince for Kids
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500 grams lean mince
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 420 gram can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
1. Brown the mince quickly in a hot frying pan with a dash of oil. Set aside.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion begins to brown a little, adding more oil if necessary. Stir in the soup and beef stock and bring to a simmer and cover.
3. Cook stirring occasionally for 15 minutes before serving on pasta, with a sprinkling of grated cheese on top. And don't forget the vegetables.
Up-market or change me!
- Add 150-200 grams diced mushrooms
- Add 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs like basil, oregano and sage
- Add a couple of chopped black olives
- Add a small tub or sachet of tomato pizza paste
- Add 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning spice mix
- Add ½ cup diced salami with the mince
- Add 1 cup water and ½ cup brown lentils and cook for 25 minutes in place of 15 minutes