Chargrilled Fillet of Hereford Prime Beef, Roasted Garlic, Blistered Vine Tomatoes Walnut and Pomergranate Dressing.
Ingredients Chargrilled Fillet of Hereford Prime Beef
- *4 180gm Hereford Prime Eye Fillet Steaks 38 day dry aged
- 12 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 heads of garlic,
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 sprigs of thyme, Chopped
- *Cooking the Meat Hint:
- Sear the meat on all sides then place it in the over at 120°C for about 25-40 minutes or if you have a meat thermometer it should read 54 degrees. The meat will be medium rare but no blood.
Ingredients Walnut Pomergranate Dressing
- 150gm walnuts,roasted and the skins rubbed off
- 1 cup coriander leaves finely shreaded
- 1 small red skin onion,finely diced
- 1 mild red chilli,seeded and roughly chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
Method Chargrilled Fillet of Hereford Prime Beef
Prepare the roasted garlic by cutting off the top one third of the garlic and place root end down In either an oven bag or a square of aluminium foil.
Sprinkle with some of the chopped thyme and drizzle with 4tbsp of the olive oil and wrap the heads to enclose completely.
Place the parcel in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until soft.Toss the tomatoes in the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.Place on a chargrill or in a pre heated frying pan and place in an oven at 250 to 300°C until blistered this should take no longer than 3 to 4 minutes and the tomatoes should still be soft but have not yet collapsed.
Season the beef and sprinkle over the remaining thyme, drizzle with olive oil and cook to the required degree on the chargrill
Method Walnut Pomergranate Dressing
Put the walnuts,coriander,onion and chilli into the mixing bowl.
Add the lemon juice,oil and the pomergranate molasses and mix every thing together well