Cervana tenderloin with avocado, citrus and vanilla dressing
- 380 grams of Sliver Ferns Farm Cervana tenderloin
- 1 avocado
- Olive oil
- lime juice
- 1 orange
- 1 pink grapefruit
- A variety of lettuce
- 150 ml of riesling
- 100 ml of riesling vinegar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp French mustard
- 110 ml of walnut oil
- 160 ml sunflower oil
1. For the dressing, simmer the wine, vinegar and opened vanilla pod or 30 minutes. Add the honey and mustard. Whisk while adding the oils, season with salt and pepper.
2. Dice the avocado, and marinate with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
3. Cook the tenderloin on the BBQ, season with salt and pepper and let it rest for 20 minutes.
4. Cut the segments out of the orange and the grapefruit. Put the avocado mixture, orange and grapefruit on a plate over the lettuce leaves .
5. Slice the tenderloin and place on a plate with citrus and salad.
6. Sprinkle the dressing over the citrus and salad and serve.