Carbonara with a vege twist
CARBONARA WITH A VEGE TWIST
2 Tbsp oil / spray oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup seasonal diced green vegetables (ie; broccoli, asparagus, courgettes, peas etc - fresh or frozen)
2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup low fat grated cheese
1. Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Heat oil in electric pan over medium heat.
3. Add oil and garlic and cook briefly.
4. Add green vegetables and carrot and cook over a high heat, stirring for 1 minute.
5. Add evaporated milk and bring to a boil.
6. Add pasta and cheese and stir through.
7. To serve, divide fettuccine onto four plates. Pour over sauce.
8. Season with pepper then eat.