Bulgogi (Marinated BBQ Beef)
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef (sirloin or rib eye)
- 5 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 buds finely chopped garlic (can be crushed but remove buds before serving)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp Mirin (sweet sake, optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup split green onions
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots (optional)
Mix all ingredients except carrots. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Cook over medium high heat until meat is just short of desired completion.
Add carrots and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
Serve with rice.