Broad Bean Stew
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100 grams pancetta, chopped
- 1 kilo broad beans, podded and peeled
- 4-8 artichoke hearts, tinned or fresh, quartered
- 500 grams waxy potatoes, sliced
- 1-2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Sauté the onion and pancetta in the olive oil until golden and tender. Add the beans, artichokes and potatoes, season well and barely cover with the stock. Cook, stirring from time to time, until the vegetables are tender and there is only enough liquid left to provide a sauce for them.
Serve with a piece of crusty bread or alongside grilled chicken or lamb.