BBQ Strawberries with Blackpepper Honey Glaze Watermelon Yogurt Flavoured Granita
- 2 tablespoons maltose (liquid glucose)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon puree
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
1. Place the maltose, sugar and lemon juice into a sauce pan and simmer until fully dissolved. Let t it cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the water melon and yogurt to the saucepan and whisk vigorously until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a wide, shallow pan and set on a flat surface in the freezer. After about an hour, use a fork to scrape any ice crystals from the pan's edges, incorporating them into the mixture. Repeat every hour or so until the mixture is evenly frozen.
Choose large, plump strawberries with lovely fresh stems attached
Thread 3 or 5 strawberries onto skewers allowing 2 skewer per person In a separate sauce pan, melt 1 cup of clear, liquid honey together with 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 2-3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (add more or less as desired).
Brush the warm syrup onto the strawberry skewers before placing them on a very hot BBQ grill. Turn them from time to time with each turn applying a fresh brush on syrup. Grill the skewers for about 4-5 or until they start to brown. Arrange on the skewers onto service plates, dust with a little icing sugar and garnish with a scoop of grantia.