Barbequed Chicken with Pineapple Salad
- 1 red onion, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted until fragrant in a dry pan over moderate heat, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 boneless single chicken breasts (about 200g each)
- 4 handfuls baby Cos lettuce leaves
- ½ small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large mild red chilli, thinly sliced
- coriander and mint leaves for garnish
Put the onion, lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar into a non-reactive bowl and mix until the sugar dissolves. Set aside 25 minutes so that the onion wilts.
Mix 2 tablespoons of the oil with the ground coriander seeds, pepper and garlic and rub this all over the chicken breasts.
Barbecue the chicken for about 7 minutes on each side or until well cooked and browned. Remove from the pan and rest for 5 minutes in a warm place. Slice thinly.
Put the Cos leaves in a wide shallow salad bowl or serving platter, sprinkle the pineapple and chilli on top and pile the warm sliced chicken on top. Spoon the onion and its marinade on top and drizzle everything with the remaining avocado oil. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves and serve.
Suggested Wines To Go With Today's Recipe:-
Millton Growers Series Briants Vineyard 2005
Morton Estate White Label 2005
Huntaway Reserve Gisborne 2005
Gladstone Vineyard 2006
Te Mata Woodthorpe 2005