Baked Turkish Manti
Makes approximately 60
- about 60 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- egg wash made from a beaten egg mixed with a little water
- 400 grams lamb mince
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground coriander, cinnamon and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each ground cloves, paprika and oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pinenuts, toasted and chopped
Ingredients Minted Yoghurt Sauce
- 500 ml plain Greek style yoghurt
- 1/2- 1 cup finely chopped mint
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Place a small amount of the mixture in one corner of the wonton wrappers. Brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash and fold the corner over to make a rough triangle.
Place on a greased baking sheet and brush each manti lightly with olive oil. Bake for 6-10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
Mix together the yoghurt, mint and lime or lemon juice and set aside in refrigerator.
Serve the manti hot with the minted yoghurt sauce.