Avocado, Mango and Vanilla Gelato
- flesh of 2 firm ripe avocadoes, diced
- flesh of 2large ripe sweet mangoes (I used Australian mangoes), diced
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut cream
- juice of 1 lime
- store-bought passionfruit syrup, to serve
Freeze avocado and mango pieces on a tray or in a dish lined with baking paper for 8 hours or overnight, until frozen hard.
Remove from freezer and thaw for 10 minutes before adding to a food processor with vanilla, icing sugar, coconut cream and lime juice. Blitz until smooth. Serve immediately or scoop into a container and return to freezeruntil it is the right firmness and ready to serve. Serve drizzled with passionfruit syrup.