Avocado and Tomato Relish
Yields about 1 ½ cups
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 small hot red or green chilli, roasted, skinned, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1 small ripe red tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Salt and pepper to season
Note: Scrumptious with a grilled chicken breast (or fish) and a salad of assorted greens
Cut, pit and peel the avocado. Cut the avocado halves into approx 6mm (1/4 inch) dice.
In a large stainless steel bowl, combine the avocado, chilli, tomato, red onion, spring onion, olive oil parsley, coriander and garlic. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Use a rubber spatula to gently but thoroughly combine the mixture. Serve immediately. It could be kept, covered, in the fridge for a couple of hours if necessary.