In part five, Governor George Grey send troops south from Auckland, invading the Waikato. But Kingitanga fight back and a new phase of warfare begins in New Zealand that would see thousands of lives lost.
- The relationship between Waikato Māori and Pākehā colonists.
- The foundation of the Kiingitanga Movement.
- The Hutt War and the First Taranaki War.
- The Waikato War, including the Battle of Rangiaowhia and the siege of Ōrākau.
- Gate Pā and the Tauranga War.
- Frustrations of the British Authorities with Governor Grey’s actions in NZ.