In part two, Polynesian explorers reach new shores far to the south; a land unlike anything they had seen before. It’s a story of technological innovation, new horizons and becoming a new, distinct people.
You can LISTEN to the audio only podcast
Or WATCH a video version of the show!
- The origins of Polynesian people.
- Technological development of ocean-going waka.
- Polynesian exploration and occupation of Pacific islands.
- Discovery of Aotearoa/New Zealand by Polynesians.
- Origins of the Moriori and myths about Moriori.
- The challenges faced by early Māori.
- Extinction of the Moa and other large birds.
- Development of distinct Māori culture.
- The basics of Tikanga Māori.
If you missed episode one, you can watch it here.