Brewing with This Way Up
Stu McKinlay's top 5 home brew tips
- Clean, clean, clean!
- Sanitise, sanitise, sanitise!
- Use the best ingredients you can
- Watch your fermentation temperatures
- Meet with other brewers
- Gallery: Brew Day
How to Brew
An excellent resource for the budding brewer.
Real Beer New Zealand
Online forum that includes active participation from beginners through to champion NZ brewers.
Stu McKinlay's Australian Pale Ale Recipe
- 5%abv, 22ibu
- Malt: 96% Pale malt, 2% Wheat, 2 % Caramalt
- 65c mash, moderate calcium sulfate and calcium carbonate
- Hops: Fuggles hops, 1gL at 15min and 1g/L at 0min... and 60min to achieve desired IBU.
- Boil 60min
- Ferment 20c with SafAle S04 English Ale yeast.