Champion for tasty food on a budget, Ganesh Raj joins us in the studio to share his recipe for Bully Beef Hash from his Humble Yum Yum Youtube channel. He also has a chat with Jim about the new season of Eat Well For Less New Zealand, which is co-hosted by local chef Michael Van de Elzen and launches on Tuesday 27th April on TVNZ 1.
BULLY BEEF HASH (ANZAC SPECIAL)
INGREDIENTS ( for 4 people)
2 potatoes (chopped into small cubes)
1 tomato sliced and diced
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp Moroccan seasoning
½ tsp Tuscan seasoning
1 cup cooked spinach
1 can Corned Beef
1 spring onion (chopped)
Salt & pepper
1 tbl olive oil
1. Heat the oil over a medium heat.
2. Fry the onions and garlic till soft.
3. Add the potatoes and corned beef and fry till potatoes are golden brown and soft. It important to make sure the potatoes are cooked through.
4. Add the tomatoes, spinach and both seasonings.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Crack the eggs over the hash. Put the lid on and cook for 5 mins or till the whites are cooked.
7. Garnish with spring onions and serve