Aotearoa's finest indigenous reggae and slow burning funk group Trinity Roots are taking to the stage this summer with an extended line up. They’ll be joined by a horn section, percussion, and additional vocalists, as well as very special guest Hollie Fullbrook of Tiny Ruins.
The band’s vision is to take their well-loved and long cherished songs and flesh them out with new arrangements and a bigger band. It’ll be the first time the group have taken to the stage in over a year.
Tony Ruins’ Hollie Fullbrook will open all three shows with a stripped back solo set.
Trinity Roots intend to present a reflective and inclusive experience, and wrap a musical ‘korowai’ around the audience, that resonates long after the performance is over.
“We hope to bring this new energy to audiences around the country and have shaped a new stage show to reflect these experiences and realisations.” - Trinity Roots
Nau te rourou
Naku te rourou
Ka ora o taatou manuhiri’
With your food basket
And my food basket
Our guest’s will feast!
- Warren Maxwell – Vocals / keys / guitars
- Rio Hunuki-Hemopo – Bass Guitars / Vocals
- Ben Lemi – Drums / Vocals
EXTENDED BAND MEMBERS
- Lisa Tomlins - Vocals (Lord Echo, Shapeshifter. Lisa features on Trinity's last album Citizen)
- Deanne Krieg - Vocals (Dawn Diver, Ida Lune)
- Louisa Williamson - Saxophones (LAB (session player, arranger))
- Eilish Wilson - Saxophones (Raw Collective)
- Kaito Walley - Trombone (Tunes of I)
- Leonardo Coghini - Keys & Synths (Deva Mahal live band)
- Oakura - Monday, January 4 | Butler’s Reef
- Coromandel - Wednesday, January 6 | Coroglen Tavern
- Hawke’s Bay - Thursday, January 7 | Black Barn
Complete tour and ticket info: www.trinityroots.co.nz