Beloved New Zealand musician Bic Runga has today announced she’ll be touring select North Island cities starting on October 25 in Tauranga.
Bic will be touring with her all-star band, which includes Kody Nielson (Silicon, Opossum, UMO); Cass Mitchell (Tiny Ruins, Carnivorous Plant Society, King Sweeties); and Michael Logie (Opossum, Silicon, The Mint Chicks).
- Sunday 25 October - Tauranga, Baycourt Theatre, support from Yasamin
- Monday 26 October - Hawke's Bay Arts Festival
- Friday 6 November - Wellington, San Fran, support from Ebony Lamb
- Saturday 7 November - Whanganui, Royal Wanganui Opera House, support from Ebony Lamb
- Friday 13 November - Auckland, Hollywood Theatre, support from Na Noise
- Saturday 14 November - Leigh Sawmill, support from Kendall Elise
Bic’s performances will be a musical journey of songs that span her career, including reimagined favourites, rarities, te reo Māori interpretations and new tunes.
The team behind the tour are focused on offsetting carbon emissions for the traditionally resource-intensive activity of taking a band on the road. They’ve been sponsored by all-electric car sharing company Zilch, so they can travel emissions-free.
Bic Runga has had a busy 2020. In addition to homeschooling and mastering the art of the slow-rise boule, she created a lockdown soundtrack; started side project King Sweeties that’s already been nominated for a Silver Scroll Award; and wrote songs for her next record, to be released mid-2021.