Tauranga folk band The Harmonic Resonators is a multi-generational group that plays classic Kiwi singalong tunes. They swung by the RNZ studios to perform this awesome medley of beloved NZ waiata.
Band wrangler Jeremy Hantler spoke with Yadana Saw about his passion for getting everyone to sing, and the importance of keeping our musical history alive.
Full list of songs:
- ‘Walk Right Back’ - The Everly Brothers
- ‘E Papa Waiari’ - Traditional Whanganui song
- ‘Me He Manu Rere’ - Arnold Reedy (c. 1925)
- ‘He Puru Taitama’ - Kingi Tāhiwi (c. 1910)
- ‘E Noho E Ata’ - Te Puea Hērangi
- ‘Hoki Mai’ - Henare Waitoa (1946)
- ‘Tūtira mai Ngā Iwi’ - Canon Wi Huata (1950s)