8 May 2019

South Auckland land sale: 'The poor subsidising the wealthy'

From Morning Report, 7:27 am on 8 May 2019

South Auckland communities are angry a large chunk of money from the sale of council land in their backyard is going to wealthier suburbs on the North Shore. The land which was originally bought by the former Manukau City Council, will bring in $145 million but locals have been told they'll only get 60 percent of that. The other 40 percent will be funnelled into places like Northcote and Takapuna. Our reporter Jessie Chiang has more.