17 Nov 2017

Northland vet explains dog illness caused by wild pork

From Morning Report, 8:25 am on 17 November 2017

The exact cause of a case of severe food poisoning which has left three people in in hospital, one in a critical condition, should be known later on Friday. The family members were found unconscious by ambulance officers last Friday night at their home in Putaruru. Results from a toxicology report are expected today, but Waikato hospital is already investigating potential sources for the illness including wild pork. Okaihau Vet Jenni Peterson who has been working to discover more about an illness which affects dogs when they're given wild pork. Commonly known as Go Slow, Ms Peterson tells Kim Hill it can be a deadly illness which desperately needs more investigation.