From: Ideas, 9 November 2003
The Porirua Hospital Museum and Resource Centre holds a collection of nursing instruments, patient registers (stretching back to the 1880s) and other artefacts which are on display in the old F Ward of the hospital. F Ward, built in 1909, and now a Category 1 historic place, used to house up to 130 female patients.
All photos (c) Gareth Watkins, used with permission.
The images in this gallery are used with permission and are subject to copyright conditions.
Porirua Ladies follows Ngaere and Rita - aged in their 80s - as they tour around the Porirua Hospital Museum with curator Bruce Shepherd.